First of all, Congratulations on taking the 30 day challenge! You will be amazed how tone and fit you will get just by incorporating weights into your exercise routine and eating right for your metabolic type! If you missed day 1, no worries! For past workouts go to the top of this page and click on the “Coaching” tab and there will be a “Free 30 Day Dumbbell Challenge” tab. Click on that for all past workouts. It is important to start at the beginning of this challenge and work your way through the program how it is laid out.
Here is the first workout and the start of this program!
So here is how this challenge is going to work.
- This challenge can be started at anytime. Always start with day 1, day 2, day3…day 30 and so on. Once you start the challenge, continue on it for 30 consecutive days.
- For your next 30 days, I have pre done daily posts with the exercises that you need to do for your specific day.
- A library of workouts can be found under the “coaching” tab at the top of this website under “Free 30 Day Dumbbell Challenge“.
- I will include an animated image (courtesy of an amazing free site dumbbell-exercises.com & ball-exercises.com) showing you how to do the exercise.
- The only equipment needed is an exercise ball and dumbbells.
- You will get 7 workouts a week showing you how to do the exercises (one workout will be a light workout or rest day.)
- So if I work your chest and arms, then I will not work them the next few days and so forth. I will work different muscles throughout this program.
- Support can be found at any time in the posts below the animated exercises in the comment section that reads “Join The Conversation”. Every comment will be answered. Share your support, successes, challenges, questions, and feedback in this section.
- Incorporate this exercise program into your daily exercise routine and you will be amazed how tone and fit you can get in 30 days!
- Don’t have an exercise routine? Start out with this 30 day challenge and you will see results!
- Once your 30 Day Dumbbell Challenge is done, challenge yourself again for another 30 days but increase your weights to intensify your workouts!
Before You Get Started
You Can Complete This Challenge!
Remember, I will have a section under the “Coaching” tab called “Free 30 Day Dumbbell Challenge” where you can go back and view past workouts. Please note in these pictures you will see a workout bench. You do not have to use a workout bench if you do not have one. Most of these exercises can be done right on your exercise ball. I use my ball as a bench, and a chair. No expensive equipment needed. How easy is that? Follow the chart below with the number of sets and reps that you should do. Take your time doing these exercises and don’t rush through them. Always keep good form and as always, listen to your bodies language. If you feel pain, stop. I do these exercises in circuit format. Here is an example of how I completed my workout.
DAY 14 (Full Body Stretch)
There are no circuits, sets or reps today. Today we are focusing on stretching the muscles we have worked out all week! There are a few things I want to mention here. The images that are displayed for todays workout are provided by an amazing free website stretch-exercises.com! There will be a lot more exercises in todays workout but you are not doing these in reps or sets, you are simply stretching the muscle and holding the stretch for 5-10 seconds and then you move onto the next exercise. This routine shouldn’t take you any longer than 20 minutes. Enjoy this workout! It should feel good to stretch these muscles.
Exercises For Day 14
- Stand up with your back straight and rotate your head to the left.
- Rotate your head back and continue on to the right side.
- Chain together these steps to accomplish fluid and smooth movements.
- Stand up, put your left hand behind your back over your left shoulder and your right hand behind your back against your lower back.
- Stretch by moving your hands towards each other, holding on to one another if you can and hold the stretch for several seconds.
- This exercise will mainly stretch your shoulder muscles.
- Crouch down on the floor on your right knee and your left foot, exercise ball in front of you and your right hand lying across the exercise ball.
- Stretch by applying weight down onto your shoulder and alternate sides after several seconds.
- This exercise will stretch the muscles located in your shoulders.
- Lie down on your knees on the floor, ball in front of you with your hands on top of it, arms fully extended.
- Stretch by rolling your upper body down to one side while keeping your hands on the exercise ball.
- This exercise will stretch your back shoulder muscles.
- Stand in front of a wall and hold the exercise ball with your left hand up high.
- Stretch by extending your body and pulling yourself down towards the wall.
- This exercise will stretch your chest muscles primarily.
- Lie on your back on the exercise ball.
- Stretch by extending your arms and legs fully.
- This exercise stretches your abdominal muscles as well as your chest muscles.
- Stand up and position your hands on each side of your hips, elbows slightly bent.
- Rotate your trunk to your left, then rotate it all the way to your right in one smooth motion. Repeat this a few times.
- This exercise will stretch your back, chest and abdominal muscles.
- Stand up and raise your right arm straight up.
- Titl your upper body at the hips to your left in order to stretch the entire right side of your body. Alternate sides when done.
- This exercise stretches your back and your abdominal muscles.
- Sit down on the floor, legs straight, away from each other.
- Stretch by rotating your upper body to one side then to the other.
- This exercise will stretch your back muscles.
- Lie on your back on the floor and extend your legs down and your arms up.
- Stretch by trying to make yourself taller, by pulling/pushing your feet and hands away from each other.
- This exercise stretches your entire body.
- Lie on your back on the floor, thighs propped up over your chest, knees bent.
- Stretch by pulling on the back of your thighs with your hands.
- This exercise stretches your buttocks, lower back and hamstrings.
- Crouch down, feet wide apart, with your right knee flexed but your right leg fully extended.
- Move your left hand towards your left ankle to increase the stretch, hold for several seconds and change sides.
- This exercise will again stretch your inner thigh muscles.
- Stand on your right foot, knee flexed and extend your left leg back, both feet pointing forward.
- Stretch your calf by trying to rest your left foot flat on the ground, hold for several seconds and change sides.
- Use this exercise to stretch your calf muscles.
- Extend your right leg in front of you and bend your left knee to lower yourself down as far as you can.
- Pull your right-foot toes towards you and control the stretch by putting weight on your hands on the floor as required. Alternate sides when done.
- This exercise stretches your hamstrings and your calf muscles.
- Sit down on the floor, knees bent in front of you, the sole of your feet pressed against each other.
- Stretch by pushing down on your knees and hold for several seconds.
- This exercise will stretch your inner thigh muscles.
- Sit down on the floor, legs extended in front of you, knees slightly bent.
- Stretch by titling your upper body forward and bring your extended arms towards your toes.
- This exercise will mainly stretch your back, hamstrings, buttocks and calf muscles.
- Lie on your back on the floor, cross your right leg over your left, knee bent.
- Stretch by pushing down on your right knee with your left hand. Alternate sides when done.
- This exercise will stretch the muscles located in your hips.
- Lie on your left side on the floor, left leg forward and right leg held back, knees bent.
- Stretch by pulling your right foot using your right hand. Alternate sides when done.
- This exercise stretches mainly your quadriceps muscles.
- Stand up with your left leg in front of you, right leg back, both fully extended, your left thigh slightly held on top of an exercise ball.
- Stretch by rolling your left leg forward while keeping your right leg back. Alternate sides after holding a several seconds.
- This exercise is an effective way to target the muscles in your hips.
My Daily Comments. Do you have questions? Need some additional support?
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.