MY HEALING JOURNEY SERIES
A few months ago, I started a series of posts to help reverse my health problems in hopes to help myself and others.
It is an eye-opening series of posts that I hope you will have time to read. You can view all of the posts in this series here.
If you’ve had a hard time losing weight, or if you’ve ever suffered from a number of illnesses that no one knows how to heal (like thyroid or adrenal issues, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, anxiety, leaky gut syndrome, ADHD, eczema, psoriasis, autoimmune disease and much more), then you might want to invest some time in this series. Here is a list of my current posts in my healing journey.
Could You Be Suffering From Heavy Metals?
After reading this book, all kinds of lightbulbs went off for me! It was like the author knew my entire medical history.
After a lot of research and speaking to my practitioner, I discovered that I was suffering from a toxic overload of heavy metals in my body.
Did you know that heavy metals are passed down from generation to generation? It’s true! If that wasn’t scary enough heavy metals are found in seafood, dental amalgam fillings, air pollution, pharmaceuticals, plastics, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides and much more.
Common symptoms that you might be suffering from toxic heavy metals are:
Fatigue. Migraine headaches. Joint pain. Brain fog. Sluggishness. Inflammation. Constipation and other digestive disturbances. Susceptibility to infections. Nervousness and anxiety. Insomnia. Poor memory. Yeast and bacterial overgrowth. Skin eruptions. Attentional deficits. Mood dysregulation. (Source)
Could you be suffering from heavy metals too?
Discovering That You Have Heavy Metals Can Be Scary, But There Is Good News!
I know that sounds scary at first, yes…but there is some great news. With time and some healing foods, you can gradually start removing heavy metals from your body.
The cool part, it can be done with 5 foods! Yes, you read that right — 5 FOODS!
Removing Heavy Metals From Your Body With These 5 Foods!
As I mentioned, you can rid yourself of heavy metals with 5 healing foods. According to Anthony William of Medical Medium here are the 5 foods you should eat EVERY DAY to rid your body of heavy metals:
- Spirulina (preferably from Hawaii): This edible blue-green algae draws out heavy metals from your brain, central nervous system, and liver, and soaks up heavy metals extracted by barley grass juice extract powder. Take 2 teaspoons mixed in water, coconut water, or juice.
- Barley grass juice extract powder: This nutritive grass has the ability to draw heavy metals out of your spleen, intestinal tract, pancreas, thyroid, and reproductive system. Barley grass juice extract prepares the mercury for complete absorption by the spirulina. Drink 1-2 teaspoons mixed into coconut water or juice.
- Cilantro: Goes deep into hard-to-reach places, extracting metals from yesteryear (so it’s great for that mercury inheritance you’re carrying around!). Blend one cup in a smoothie or juice, or add to salad or guacamole.
- Wild blueberries (only from Maine or Canada): Draw heavy metals out of your brain tissue, healing and repairing any gaps created by oxidation when the heavy metals are removed. It is important to use wild blueberries, as they possess unique phytonutrients with special detoxifying capabilities. The potent antioxidants in wild blueberries help reverse any oxidative damage left behind by the heavy metal removal. This is especially important for your brain tissue—in fact, wild blueberries are the most powerful food for halting or in some cases reversing Alzheimer’s and dementia. Eat at least one cup daily. Note: while cultivated blueberries are nutritious, they lack the metal-drawing ability of the wild blueberries. (I buy mine from Costco)
- Atlantic dulse: In addition to mercury, this edible seaweed binds to lead, aluminum, copper, cadmium, and nickel. Unlike other seaweeds, Atlantic dulse is a powerful force for removing mercury on its own. Atlantic dulse goes into deep, hidden places of the digestive tract and gut, seeking out mercury, binding to it, and never releasing it until it leaves the body. Eat two tablespoons of flakes daily, or an equal amount of strips if it’s in whole-leaf form. Note: As it comes from the ocean, if you are concerned about the dulse itself having mercury, be aware that Atlantic sea dulse will not release any mercury it might possess into the body. It holds on to the mercury as it works its way through, and even grabs onto other metals along the way and drives them out as well. Atlantic dulse is a critical part of the team because it can hang out near the finish line (i.e., our colon), waiting for the other foods that have been grabbing on to heavy metals along the way. It serves as emergency backup, helping ensure that all the heavy metals that made it as far as the colon actually leave the body.
One side note, It is best to use the flakes or whole leaf dulse but I could not stomach the fishy taste so the next best alternative was the Atlantic dulse capsules. There are options out there and that’s a good thing!
Healing Smoothie Bowl To Rid Your Body of Toxic Metals
I understand that you might not have heard of a “Smoothie Bowl”, I hadn’t either until a few short months ago.
So today I thought I’d share this how-to, to show you how easy it is to construct your own smoothie bowl.
I have this for breakfast most mornings and it is very filling & rewarding knowing that I am ridding my body of toxic metals.
Step 1 – In a blender, I used my Vitamix, blend together the bananas, dates, wild blueberries, water, barley juice powder, spirulina, and cilantro, and blend until very smooth. Pour into bowl.
Step 2 – Add in your non-fruit toppings of choice, I like almonds and coconut but you can certainly use your imagination here.
Step 3 – Add in your favorite fruit. I vary this a LOT! Right now mangos are in season, so I choose mangos!
Step 4 – Sprinkle anything else your heart desires. You certainly can add your dulse here if you’d like. I added in my wild blueberries and some more fresh cilantro.
Now just serve and enjoy! You will need a spoon for this, it’s full of flavor and VERY filling!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 dates, pitted
- 1 cup wild blueberries
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp Barleygrass Juice Extract Powder
- 1 tsp Hawaii Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica Powder
- 2 dropper fulls of Cilantro Liquid Extract or ¼ -1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 mango, cut up (see video here)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut chips
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- Anlantic Dulse (optional)
- In a blender, I used my Vitamix, blend together the bananas, dates, wild blueberries, water, barley juice powder, spirulina, and cilantro liquid extract and blend until very smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and on top lay the mango pieces, almonds, and coconut chips. Sprinkle with Atlantic dulse if desired.
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!