Taking The All Natural Route
I have had a love hate relationship with my laundry! You see I am not a fan of my high efficiency washer machine and have had more issues with HE washer machine that it has completely frustrated me.
Through my frustrations however, I learned some pretty amazing techniques to help conquer my issues with HE washer machines. Like in this post: Follow This One Tip & Say Goodbye To A Smelly High Efficiency Washer Machine Forever!
With this one tip, I quickly learned that VINEGAR is the one ingredient I could not live without in my laundry room. I use it for everything!
Vinegar Makes Everything Better!
So vinegar…what did I ever do without it? I buy it by the gallon and go through it easily in 1 weeks time.
One of my favorite ways to use vinegar is to soften my clothes naturally. Yep, vinegar is a natural way to soften your clothes and it kills harmful bacteria that could be making your clothes smelly too!
So today I am going to share several of my favorite ways to make a All Natural Scented Fabric Softener. You will be amazed how easy it is to make and it is free of harmful chemicals and dyes that store bought fabric softeners are loaded with!
Using Essential Oils
I just love essential oils! Just a few drops can do wonders when trying to freshen up a load of laundry.
What’s better yet, there are so many different essential oils that one could use.
Think about that, if you feel like lavender scented laundry, or linen fresh laundry, you can have it. I like to change my all natural scented fabric softener with the changing seasons.
Just choose one of these oils or you can make a blend of your own!
- Spring ~ Lemon, Cleansing Blend, Lavender, Cilantro (Fresh Smelling Scents)
- Summer ~ Wild Orange, Grapefruit, Lime, Citrus Bliss (Citrus Fresh Summer Scents)
- Fall ~ Lavender, Cleansing Blend, Juniper Berry, Joyful Blend
- Winter ~ Peppermint, Wintergreen, Lavender (All Uplifting Oils to Help with the Winter Blues)
And don’t worry, the oils will NOT stain your clothes! Ok so let’s get to this all natural scented fabric softener recipe shall we? It is so easy!
DIY All Natural Scented Fabric Softener
- 1 quart white vinegar
- 15 drops of favorite essential oil (You Can Buy Essential Oils Here)
- Remove the lid from the vinegar and drop in 15 drops of your essential oil of choice.
- Securely put the lid back on and shake well.
- Fill your laundry up as you usually would and in the fabric softener AND bleach container fill it up with the scented fabric softener you just made. This will vary from ¼ cup to ½ cup depending on how big your laundry load is.
- Proceed with washing your clothes as normal.
Where To Buy Essential Oils
Buying quality essential oils can be challenging. I have done some extensive research to find you the best essential oils for a reasonable price. Better yet, I can save you 25% and sell you essential oils!
So that is it! Easy peasy right? So the next time you are at the grocery store, be sure to pick yourself up a quart of vinegar!
What are some of your favorite ways to freshen your laundry?
Pin It For Later