New Series: DIY Homemade Simmering Potpourri
I am so excited to share with you that we have started a new series: DIY Homemade Simmering Potpourri.
Each month I will post a new scent of the month and we will explore all the different smells that life has to offer!
So for this month, I am doing a spiced potpourri. I just love combining cinnamon with an assortment of great smelling spices.
You can find this series at the top of this page under the tab “Articles” and then in the sub tab “DIY Projects”. Fun right?
Homemade Simmering Potpourri ~ A Perfect Gift
So did you see last months post? I have 2 simmering potpourri recipes in it and a really creative DIY gift idea.
Simmering Potpourri is great for the holidays or it could easily be made into a gift that could be given year round! Just get yourself some really cool ribbon and a very small simmering pot.
You can use any pot that you have but I like to use this one because it is a stainless steel pot and is inexpensive. It is only 2 cups and can be used on the stovetop and heats up fast and stores easily. So here is this months recipe!
- 1 cinnamon stick, broke in half
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice or ground cinnamon
- ½ of a nutmeg, finely ground
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 1½ cup water
- Mix all ingredients together and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to lowest simmer possible.
- Keep an eye on the simmering potpourri and refill with more water as needed.
- Simmer for 2-4 hours or however long you desire.