Welcome to Family Friendly Fridays! My family and I absolutely love bruschetta! The other night my family and I went out to an Italian restaurant and we ordered some delicious bruschetta off of the menu! I knew that there had to be a way to create a healthier gluten free and grain free version of this classic dish! This is that recipe! Last week my friend Katie over at This Chick Cooks posted a pizza crust recipe and this crust is adapted from that recipe. I think you all are really going to enjoy this recipe! Enjoy!
- 1 cup shredded organic mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp almond meal/flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp pesto, See Recipe
- 1 whole tomato sliced
- 2-3 tbsp of fresh mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together in a bowl and spread onto a greased piece of parchment paper.
- Spread thinly and place into oven and cook for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and spread pesto onto crust. Top with sliced tomatoes and some fresh mozzarella.
- Put back into oven for 3-5 minutes just until the cheese is slightly melted.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
This post was featured on Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Meatless Mondays, Monday Mania, Homestead Barn Hop, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Scratch cooking Tuesday, Hearth & Soul Hop, Traditional Tuesday, Fat Tuesday Real Food Wednesday, Allergy Free Wednesday, Gluten Free Wednesday, Sustainable Ways, Whole Foods Wednesday, Health2day, Pennywise Platter Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Fresh Bites Friday, Fight Back Friday
- 1 Tropical Traditions Organic Gluten Free Coconut Flour - 2.2 lbs.
- The Spunky Coconut Gluten-Free Baked Goods and Desserts: Gluten Free, Casein Free, and Often Egg Free
- Price: $18.40
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated.