Last night we had some baked potatoes on the grill. They were so good and the skins were super crispy! My girls do not like the skins, I have tried time and time again to try to get them to eat the skins but have had no luck. A lot of the nutrients are found in the potato skins. So I saved the potato skins from dinner last night and whipped up some potato skins for lunch for my husband and I. They were absolutely wonderful!
Here is what you need to do for this simple and easy recipe. It requires a little bit of planning but it is well worth it once you try these delicious little gems! The night before serve potatoes for dinner. After you have the potatoes, save the skins and place in refrigerator until the next day. The next day serve some bacon for breakfast and be sure to make a little extra for your potato skins. I usually use 2 pieces of bacon per potato skin half. When you are ready to make your potato skins, simply pull out the potato skins/boats and put 2 pieces of cooked bacon in each half as pictured below.
Now add some raw cheese or cheese of choice and drape over top of the potato skins.
Bake in a 400°F oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is starting to brown a bit. Serve with avocados and fresh raw sour cream for a well balanced meal. Enjoy!
- Skins of 4 organic cooked potatoes that are cut in 8 halves (remove the potato from the skins)
- 16 pieces (about a pound) of cooked pastured bacon
- raw cheese of choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- raw sour cream and avocado for toppings
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Take your potato skin boats and place onto a pan or into a baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Sprinkle 2 pieces of crumbled bacon into each potato half.
- Cover with raw cheese of choice.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese begins to slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and serve with some raw sour cream and avocado.
This post was featured on Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Monday Mania, Homestead Barn Hop, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Scratch cooking Tuesday, Hearth & Soul Hop, Traditional Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Real Food Wednesday, Allergy Free Wednesday, Gluten Free Wednesday, Sustainable Ways, Whole Foods Wednesday, Health2day, Pennywise Platter Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Fresh Bites Friday, Fight Back FridayPAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated.