- Calories: 319.2
- Fat: 21.0g
- Carbohydrates: 14.2g
- Protein: 19.5g
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups cooked grassland chicken, minced into the size of a pea
- 2/3 cups mushrooms, minced into the size of a pea
- 1 cup water chestnuts, mined into the size of a pea
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp liquid aminos
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes
- 1 oz finely crushed raw cashews
- 6 leaves of boston lettuce
- For my sweet and sour sauce, Mix together 1/4 cup coconut oil, 2 tsp whole grain mustard, 2 tsp raw honey, and a dash of salt. Heat coconut oil until it just melts, do not allow it to get to hot. Add the mustard and honey and with a fork whisk it until it gels up (about 2 minutes).
- Melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add water chestnuts, mushrooms and 2 tsp of liquid amionos and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and sweet and sour sauce, stir until heated through (about a minute).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take a heaping spoonful of your chicken mixture and put it in the center of a boston lettuce leaf.
- Top with a dash of red pepper flakes and crushed cashews.
- Roll up and enjoy.
Serving Size: Makes 8 lettuce wraps, serving size is 2 lettuce wraps
Number of Servings: 4PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated.