|Kosher Style Dill Pickles
Recipe Type: Appetizer / Snacks
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
The other day I made a delicious sandwich with a wonderful fruit salad. There was something missing though! It’s funny how a crunchy pickle added to a sandwich is like adding a cherry on top of a hot fudge sundae. The two go hand and hand. So I set out to make a crunchy, delicious dill pickle. The problem with commercial pickles are that they are loaded with the wrong kinds of salt and generally have ingredients that are not so healthy for you. Try these pickles. They are so good, and quite healthy for you. You will quickly be going back for a second one!
- 1/2 pound (5 or 6 cucumbers) 4 inch pickling cucumbers
- 5 sprigs of fresh dill
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Place washed cucumbers, dill and garlic in a sterile one quart jar. Pack them loosely.
- In a small saucepan bring to a boil water, salt and vinegar.
- Pour over cucumbers and leave 1/2 inch headspace (space between liquid and top of jar).
- Wipe top and put lid on.
- Put in a water bath. Water should come up 1 inch over the top of the jar.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 15 minutes.
- Pull jar out of hot water and let cool.
- Let stand at room temperature for 1 week. Makes 1 quart.
Serving size: 1/2 pickle Calories: 13.9 Fat: 0.0g Carbohydrates: 3.7g Protein: 0.5g