My girls have always loved fruit roll ups! One day while at the super market, I pulled a box off the shelf to look at the ingredients and my mouth about hit the floor! Just take a look at what is in the supermarket version of fruit roll ups.
- Strawberry Ingredients: Pears From Concentrate, Corn Syrup, Dried Corn Syrup, Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Acetylated Mono And Diglycerides, Pectin, Malic Acid, Natural Flavor, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Color (Red 40, Yellows 5 % 6, Blue 1).
- 1½-2 pounds of fresh organic strawberries, hulled and cleaned
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar (adjust to desired sweetness, if the strawberries are super sweet you might not need as much. If you are using strawberries out of season, then you might need a little more.)
- dash of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 170 F.
- Put all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend for 1 minute or until well blended.
- Pour into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Line a 11?x17? jelly roll pan with greased (i used coconut oil) parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture onto the parchment paper leaving a ½ inch of parchment paper on all sides.
- Spread to ⅛?-1/4? thick, you don’t want to get it to thin or you might have a hard time peeling it off the parchment paper.
- Bake for 6 hours.
- Allow to cool.
- With scissors, cut into 6 rectangles, leaving the excess parchment paper for easy peeling.
- Roll up and tie with a piece of string.
- Store in fridge or an airtight container.
Grab The Whole Lifestyle Nutrition Cookbook, Real Food Made Simple for more great recipes!
Don’t have all the ingredients? No problem! Click on links below to see about purchasing these products!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.