Nutrition Info Calories: 203.6 Fat: 17.2g Carbohydrates: 6.4g Protein: 9.3g
- 2 medium green tomatoes
- 1/2 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2-3 dashes of cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp half and half, raw milk or coconut milk
- garlic salt to taste
- Preheat oven to a low broil.
- Make sure your rack is at least 2 rows down. If there is only 1 setting “high broil” on the oven, lower your rack to 3rd row.
- In a small bowl combine almond meal, salt, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- In another bowl add egg and half and half and mix well.
- Cut the tomatoes about a 1/2? thick.
- Dip the tomatoes into the egg wash mixture and then into the almond flour mixture.
- Coat both sides. Repeat until all the tomatoes are coated.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and heavily grease (I used coconut oil) the parchment paper. The tomatoes will absorb this coconut oil allowing them to fry a little.
- Place under the broiler for 6 minutes and then flip and cook the other side for 6 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on them to make sure they aren’t getting to brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Serve immediately.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.