Oh Wow, Do I Have A Treat For You!
Alright, last night I had a craving! I wanted something sweet and slightly salty! My first instinct was to make my 3 minute, 3 ingredient salted caramel. So I did just that, made a caramel in 3 minutes.
Now, what to put that smooth and rich caramel on. Sure, ice cream might be the first thought, but I was looking for some crunch!
Goo & Sweet & Salty…Oh My!
Sure, one might think that this is a caramel corn, but it is far from it. I used very little caramel…just enough to give it a slight sweetness and the salt gave it that, oh you know…salty flavor that I was after!
There was enough goo from the caramel to allow the popcorn to stick together slightly. Yay, I used the word goo, but hey this is some good goo!!
What makes this a healthy popcorn recipe? Glad you asked!
What Makes This A Healthy Popcorn Recipe?
Here is why this popcorn is a healthy alternative to what you find at the market:
- Made without GMO popcorn (genetical modified organisms)
- Made without refined salt
- Made without refined sugar
- Is naturally sweetened
- Is made with quality fats
- Has no artificial flavors or preservatives
Yay, I’d say this is a much better option then anything else on the market out there! And it will take you only 5 minutes to whip up! Now that is what I am talking about…delicious and simple!
- In a popcorn popper or on your stovetop in a heavy pan, melt 2 tsp of coconut oil.
- Add popcorn and cover and pop. If using the stovetop, be sure to continuously move the pan on the burner so that the popcorn doesn't burn.
- Once popcorn is popped, remove from heat and drizzle on 1-2 tsp of melted butter and 2 tbsp of the homemade salted caramel.
- Mix well and add additional salt if needed.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.