BBQ Sauce Recipe for Amazing Slow Cooked Organic Ribs
April 26, 2011 at 8:10 pm
Written by Halle Cottis
|BBQ Sauce Recipe for Amazing Slow Cooked Ribs||
#ratingval# from #reviews# reviews
Recipe Type: Sauce
Author: Halle Cottis
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 25 mins
I knew it would be a challenge to create a BBQ sauce without brown sugar, or a ton of regular sugar. After several attempts, I came up with a delicious healthy barbecue sauce that you can top on of ribs, chicken, hamburgers and pizza’s or anything else you might like barbecue sauce on! If you like this recipe, you most likely will like other recipes in my new cookbook
- 1 12 oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup onion (puree in food processor)
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp stoneground mustard
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp molasses
- Puree Onion in food processor, or blender.
- Melt butter in saucepan and add onions and garlic.
- Saute for 2 minutes and then add all the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a medium simmer and simmer for 25 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Stir occasionally. Sauce will cook down as it thickens.
Serving size: 2 Tbsp Calories: 61.5 Fat: 1.6g Carbohydrates: 12.0g Protein: 1.2g
Yields 2 cups of BBQ sauce
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe