Organic Orange Cranberry Spread Recipe
November 21, 2011 at 8:57 pm
Written by Halle Cottis
- Calories: 28.8
- Fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrates: 7.7g
- Protein: 0.1g
- 4 cups of fresh cranberries (or 1 12oz bag)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup organic cane sugar (can use other sweetener of choice but will most likely have to add some arrowroot powder to thicken if not using sugar)
- The juice of 1 orange
- Orange zest to taste
- Clean and pick over cranberries.
- Over medium high heat bring water to a boil and add the sugar.
- Dissolve sugar and then add cranberries, orange zest and the juice of 1 orange.
- Bring back to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the cranberries pop.
- Allow to cool for several hours or refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Spread will thicken as it cools.
- This makes an excellent spread for any sandwich!
Serving Size: Makes 2 cups, Serving size is 1 tablespoon
Number of Servings: 32
All ingredients are organicPAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated.