- Calories: 28.8
- Fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrates: 7.7g
- Protein: 0.1g
- 4 cups of fresh cranberries (or 1 12oz bag)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup organic cane sugar (can use other sweetener of choice but will most likely have to add some arrowroot powder to thicken if not using sugar)
- The juice of 1 orange
- Orange zest to taste
- Clean and pick over cranberries.
- Over medium high heat bring water to a boil and add the sugar.
- Dissolve sugar and then add cranberries, orange zest and the juice of 1 orange.
- Bring back to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the cranberries pop.
- Allow to cool for several hours or refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Spread will thicken as it cools.
- This makes an excellent spread for any sandwich!
Serving Size: Makes 2 cups, Serving size is 1 tablespoon
Number of Servings: 32
All ingredients are organic
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.