One of my favorite salads to make is a spinach salad (bold this so it goes to spinach salad recipe). I have always enjoyed a hot bacon dressing on my spinach salad, so I set out to make my own healthy version of Hot Bacon Dressing. This is a very simple recipe made with coconut oil. Coconut oil is so good for you, and I try to find ways to incorporate it into my diet when ever I can. This was a perfect way to do that, and it taste amazing!
Organic Hot Bacon Dressing Recipe
Nutritional Information: Calories: 136.7 Fat: 14.5g Carbohydrates: 2.2g Protein: 0.2g
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp stoneground mustard
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp bacon grease
- 1 slice of cooked bacon, crumbled up
- dash of salt
- Combine all ingredients except bacon and whisk together until well blended (about 2 minutes). The dressing will have a gel like consistency when it has been whisked together and it will becomes thicker.
- Stir in bacon, and serve.