So last night I hosted a dinner at my house and served this delicious berry crisp. It is winter time in my area right now and although fresh is best, sometimes it just isn’t available. So for this recipe I chose frozen organic berries and wow, this “Wintry Berry Crisp” was absolutely wonderful! I topped this crisp with some homemade vanilla bean ice cream and it complimented the crisp very nicely. So who said we couldn’t enjoy a warm berry crisp in the winter time…You can, and here is that recipe! Enjoy.
Mix Frozen Berries with sugar, cinnamon and potato starch Mix together the crumbly topping and top over berries
Bake at 375 F for 30 minutes Serve warm with either whipped cream or ice cream
Nutrition Info: Calories: 174.0 Fat: 7.4g Carbohydrates: 32.8g Protein: 1.2g
- 4 cups frozen organic mixed berries
- 3 tbsp unrefined coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp potato starch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour (I just ground a 1/2 cup of oats in my coffee grinder)
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup grass fed butter, softened
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine frozen berries and toss them with the coconut sugar, cinnamon and potato starch.
- Place into a 9?x9? inch pan.
- In another bowl combine the oats, oat flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- With a pastry cutter or fork, cut in the room temperature butter.
- The mixture will become a crumbly mixture.
- Top the berries with this crumbly mixture and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Grab The Whole Lifestyle Nutrition Cookbook, Real Food Made Simple for more great recipes!
Don’t have all the ingredients? No problem, click on the links below to see about purchasing the ingredients!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.