- Calories: 153.3
- Fat: 8.2g
- Carbohydrates: 19.7g
- Protein: 0.9g
- 5 medium baking apples (I used cortland)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 oz chopped raw pecans
- 1/4 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- 5 tsp grass fed butter
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup rum
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Clean and core apples.
- Be sure not to core all the way through the apple so that the filling does not fall out of the apple.
- Gently Score (about 1/4″ deep) the apples half way down all the way around to help avoid splitting.
- Mix together the pecans, cinnamon, cranberries and stuff this mixture into the apples.
- Top each apple with a tsp of butter.
- Put stuffed apples in a 8×8 inch square pan.
- In a small bowl combine water, maple syrup and rum. Mix well.
- Pour mixture over the apples and bake for 45 minutes or until the apples are soft.
- Spoon sauce over apples several times while cooking.
- When the apples are done, take the sauce out of the pan and put the sauce in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and gently boil until sauce becomes thick and coats the back of a spoon (about 5 minutes).
- Pour over apples and serve.
Serving Size: Makes 5 apples, Serving Size is 1/2 of an apple
Number of Servings: 10PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated.