Coconut Flour Cut Out Cookies
With the holiday season in full swing, my girls keep asking me for cut out cookies. So this past weekend I set out to make some delicious, yet healthy, cut out cookies.
These cookies turned out so great! The dough will take you about 5 minutes to whip up and it is super easy to roll out!
For sprinkles or colored sugar, you can either make your own (see red sprinkles in this post) or check your local health food store for some organic sprinkles that are colored from vegetables and not dyes.
You could also frost these cookies if desired. I made a frosting out of greek yogurt, cream cheese, raw honey and a little vanilla. Add some food coloring (made out of vegetable, not dye) and you will have a wonderful icing to decorate your cookies with.
I hope you all enjoy these cookies, we sure did!
- ¼ cup butter or ghee - you can buy ghee here
- ½ cup granulated sweetener of choice. I used dry granulated honey and it was great!
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp unrefined sea salt - You can buy it here
- ½ cup coconut flour - You can buy it here
- 1-2 tbsp tapioca flour/starch - You can buy it here
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the butter or ghee, granulated sweetener, egg, baking powder vanilla extract and the unrefined sea salt and blend with a handheld blender for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add coconut flour and blend until combined.
- Allow the dough to sit for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes add 1 tbsp of tapioca flour and knead dough until firm. If it is sticky or not firm, add another tbsp of tapioca flour.
- Dust a surface with tapioca flour and roll out to desired thickness. I rolled mine out about ⅜" thick.
- Use cookie cutters and cut desired shapes and place on cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool before frosting.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.