My daughters birthday is this weekend and I have to send some brownies in to her class for a special treat. I had planned on only making a batch of my texas sheet cake (recipe is in my cookbook) but as my daughter was walking out the door this morning she informed me, “You know <om, not everyone likes chocolate like you do.” What, not like chocolate?? 🙂
She was right, even one of my twins doesn’t like chocolate. So I had to quickly create a recipe that would easily pass the kids test and this one did! When my girls got home from school today they tasted these blondies for the first time and LOVED them.
This recipe is so simple and will literally take you less then 5 minutes to prepare. I just made a plain blondie, but you could add so many different ingredients to customize these brownies. Here are just a few ideas.
- Mini chocolate chips
- Pecans and chocolate
- coconut flakes
- instead of vanilla, you can substitute almond extract
- Grand Marnier or Baileys Irish Cream
- Dried fruit of choice
- Raisins or dried cranberries
Use your imagination, anything goes when adding your favorite flavors to these delicious brownies. Enjoy!
**Please note: There is a gluten free and grain free version of this recipe located in the comment section below this post.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together the sprouted flour, unrefined sea salt and baking soda and set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, egg and vanilla extract.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix well.
- Spread into a greased 8x8 inch pan and bake for 18-20 minutes.
Don’t have all the ingredients? No Problem! Click on links below to see where you can purchase these ingredients.
[easyazon-block align=”none” asin=”B004GOXWT2″ locale=”us”][easyazon-block align=”none” asin=”B0002JG0HG” locale=”us”][easyazon-block align=”none” asin=”B001EO5Q64″ locale=”us”][easyazon-block align=”none” asin=”B000BD0SDU” locale=”us”]