Tis The Season For A Holiday Egg Nog Recipe!
Every year around the holidays, I start to look forward to a nice cup of creamy, rich egg nog! This year I set out to make a healthier version and I have to say, it is absolutely wonderful!
There are so many ways to make egg nog, but the key elements are of course eggs and nutmeg. I also like to add a cinnamon stick in mine giving it that little special flavor that has you going back for another sip.
So this holiday season, why not try a cup of this wonderful egg nog, it really is quite delicious. Happy Holidays to you all!
Psst…Some More Great Holiday Recipes!
- 2 large fresh organic eggs
- ⅔ cup canned or fresh coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- bourbon, rum, or brandy (optional)
- On the stovetop, melt the raw honey just until melted.
- In a large bowl add eggs.
- With an electric mixer beat eggs on medium high until well blended.
- Add coconut milk, water and melted raw honey and beat on medium high for several minutes until mixture thickens slightly.
- Stir in the vanilla and ground nutmeg.
- Chill for several hours.
- Serve with a cinnamon stick and some ground nutmeg on top.
- If you want this to be an alcoholic egg nog, add a little brandy, rum or bourbon.