Blue Cheese Stuffed Flank
One of my favorite cuts of beef to cook is flank steak. You can get it for a reasonable price and it cooks on high heat very quickly making a wonderful, juicy steak. For this recipe, I asked my husband what his favorite toppings were to put on his steaks. Blue cheese was one of his ingredients and then he said “with a side of spinach.” I like to cook my spinach with some bacon, so that was my contribution to this creation. So my head started spinning and I came up with this blue cheese stuffed flank steak. I know you all will enjoy this as much as me and my family do!
Author: Halle Cottis
- 2 pounds flank steak
- Course salt and pepper to taste (be generous)
- 3 cups packed spinach
- ½ cup grass fed blue cheese
- 6 pieces of bacon
- Season a 2 pound flank with course sea salt, and pepper.
- Place spinach on top of flank and top with lightly cooked bacon and blue cheese.
- Roll the flank up starting with the short side.
- Secure with wooden toothpicks about 1" apart (will look like a jelly roll).
- Cut steak one inch thick and place on broiling pan, cut side down. Use more toothpicks if needed.
- Broil on HI for 6 minutes, turn over and broil the other side for 6 more minutes.
Serving size: 1 stuffed steak Calories: 234.4 Fat: 13.2g Carbohydrates: 0.6g Protein: 26.6g