There are so many things that I am passionate about and one of those things just happens to be BBQ, I just LOVE a great BBQ! I usually smoke my pork, but that can be time consuming and I wanted to create a great and easy recipe that was delicious and full of flavor. Well this recipe is just that and will amaze you how wonderful and easy it truly is! There is no reason why we can’t have a delicious BBQ! Most BBQ recipes are loaded with sugar, especially the BBQ sauce. You can add BBQ sauce to this recipe or leave it out all together. If you notice, I only use a little bit of BBQ sauce (which I make myself, see recipe below) and still get all the flavor I am looking for. I think you all are really going to enjoy this recipe! I know my family loves this dish. Enjoy!
- The night before you are ready to cook your roast, rub yellow mustard all over the roast.
- Apply the dry rub liberally to the entire roast and rub it in.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- The next morning put the roast in a crock pot on high heat for 3 hours and then reduce the heat to low for another 6-7 hours.
- Shred with 2 forks and place back into the crock pot with its natural juices.
- Serve on sprouted english muffins or sourdough spelt bread.
- You can top your pork with some homemade BBQ sauce.