- Calories: 398.8
- Fat: 29.8g
- Carbohydrates: 5.3g
- Protein: 25.9g
- 2 red, orange or yellow peppers cut in half, seeds and membranes removed
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef, buffalo, turkey or pork
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded raw mozzarella cheese (optional), included in nutritional information
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay your peppers cut side up in a 8″x8″ baking dish.
- In a bowl mix together meat, egg, onion, and Italian seasoning.
- Spoon evenly into peppers.
- Top each pepper with a tablespoon of sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese over peppers and bake for 45-50 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 4 pepper halves, Serving size is 1 pepper halve
Number of Servings: 4