I have been looking forward to making some delicious crab cakes for some time now! I wanted my crab cakes to be full of crab meat and not a bunch of fillers (like bread). I can’t stand it when I order crab cakes at a restaurant and there is more bread and vegetables in the crab cakes then crab itself. That being said…these crab cakes are loaded with wonderful lump crab meat! They are so simple to make. I wanted to note a few things. If you follow a gluten free or grain free diet, you could easily make a few adjustments to suit your needs. Just replace the bread crumbs with about 1-2 tbsp of cooked quinoa and these crab cakes become gluten free and grain free. I like to serve mine with a little homemade cocktail sauce. You could make some homemade ketchup or use organic ketchup and add a little horseradish to it to make a delicious dipping sauce.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 205.9 Fat: 11.6g Carbohydrates: 2.7g Protein: 20.7g
- 1 pound lump crab meat (fresh is best, remove meat from shells and then measure out (1#) crab meat, but you can also use canned wild crab meat)
- 1 tbsp Halle's Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp worcestershire "All Natural" sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup finely diced onions
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 3 tbsp sprouted bread crumbs (if following a gluten or grain free diet, replace bread crumbs with 1-2 tbsp cooked quinoa)
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 dashes of hot sauce
- 3 tbsp grass fed butter
- Place you crab meat in a bowl and sort through it making sure there are no shells in it.
- In a sauté pan add 1 tbsp of butter and sauté onions and celery for several minutes or until slightly soft.
- To the crab meat add mayonnaise, worcestershire sauce, eggs, sautéd celery and onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, paprika, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and hot sauce.
- Mix well.
- Patty crab mixture into 6 patties.
- Over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp of butter in fry pan and cook crab cakes for 5 minutes per side or until golden brown.