I love a great piece of lasagna, however it doesn’t love me back. So I set out to make a delicious grain free lasagna that taste amazing and was good for me too! This lasagna is so good you won’t even miss the traditional noodles that usually accompanies lasagna. As most of you know, I try my best to cook in season. I have a delicious summer lasagna recipe made out of zucchini and eggplant that I posted this past summer, but this Lasagna is my winter lasagna recipe. It is much easier for me to get spinach and mushrooms in the winter. So why not make a delicious plate of lasagna, this recipe will not disappoint!
Organic Grain Free Lasagna Recipe
Nutrition Info: Calories: 353.6 Fat: 21.6g Carbohydrates: 10.9g Protein: 28.4g
Serves: 6 pieces
- 1 pound ground turkey browned
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 oz of fresh mushrooms
- 1 tbsp grass fed butter
- 4 cups fresh packed spinach wilted
- 15 oz homemade tomato sauce, or your favorite jarred organic spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce
- 1 cup ricotta, see recipe
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup raw cheese of choice, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a fry pan, brown ground turkey and add Italian seasoning. Put in a bowl.
- In same pan, melt 1 tbsp grass fed butter and sauté mushrooms until tender. Place in another bowl.
- In the same fry pan wilt the 4 cups of packed spinach.
- Drain any water that accumulates from spinach or mushrooms, set aside.
- In one more dish add ricotta cheese, egg and garlic salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish, add a cup of sauce in the bottom of the pan.
- Add a layer of turkey, then spinach, mushrooms, and a layer of Ricotta.
- Sprinkle with a little raw cheese and repeat layers starting with the sauce 2-3 more times (depending on how thick your layers are).
- Top the final layer with remaining raw cheese and cover and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove cover after 35 minutes and cook uncovered for 10-15 more minutes until slightly brown and bubbly.
Serving size: 1 piece