Nutrition Info: Calories: 353.6 Fat: 21.6g Carbohydrates: 10.9g Protein: 28.4g
- 1 pound ground turkey browned
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 oz of fresh mushrooms
- 1 tbsp grass fed butter
- 4 cups fresh packed spinach wilted
- 15 oz homemade tomato sauce, or your favorite jarred organic spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce
- 1 cup ricotta, see recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup raw cheese of choice, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a fry pan, brown ground turkey and add Italian seasoning. Put in a bowl.
- In same pan, melt 1 tbsp grass fed butter and sauté mushrooms until tender. Place in another bowl.
- In the same fry pan wilt the 4 cups of packed spinach.
- Drain any water that accumulates from spinach or mushrooms, set aside.
- In one more dish add ricotta cheese, egg and garlic salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish, add a cup of sauce in the bottom of the pan.
- Add a layer of turkey, then spinach, mushrooms, and a layer of Ricotta.
- Sprinkle with a little raw cheese and repeat layers starting with the sauce 2-3 more times (depending on how thick your layers are).
- Top the final layer with remaining raw cheese and cover and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove cover after 35 minutes and cook uncovered for 10-15 more minutes until slightly brown and bubbly.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.