I LOVE ribs! I have a lot of experience cooking up some BBQ pork ribs, but have never really tackled beef short ribs until now! Oh my, these are so delicious and so tender. I often times think people think it is a lot of work to cook ribs and that isn’t always the case. These ribs took me less than 15 minutes to prep and slow cooked in the crock pot for about 8 hours. How easy is that, put them in when you wake up and they are ready for you when you get home for dinner. I think you all are really going to enjoy these. Thanks to Rhonda Cain for sharing this wonderful recipe with me! You were right, they are AMAZING!!
- 3-4 pounds of grass fed short ribs
- 2 tbsp sprouted flour, oat flour or spelt flour
- 1 tsp unrefined seas salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 sweet onion sliced thinly
- 3 tbsp sucanat
- 1 tsp molasses
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder or sprouted flour
- On a plate combine flour salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a large dutch oven melt butter over medium high heat and brown the ribs on all sides.
- Transfer ribs to a crock pot and turn onto low heat.
- Deglaze the pan with about 1/4 cup of red wine. Add remaining wine to the pan and add the sucanat, molasses, red wine vinegar, worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, and chili powder. Mix until everything is well blended and dissolved.
- Pour this mixture over the ribs and cook in the crockpot on low heat for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours remove the ribs and turn the crockpot to high. Add the 2 tbsp flour or arrowroot powder and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Sauce should thicken to a nice gravy. If you need to, you can add a bit more flour if it isn't thick enough.
- Serve over rice.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.