- 2 pounds grass fed round steak (no thicker then ¾? thick)
- 4 tbsp potato starch seasoned heavily with salt and pepper
- grass fed butter to brown the meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-16 oz can tomato and green chilies (or 5-6 fresh tomatoes, chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup red wine
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1 cup water
- Cut round steak into 6 pieces.
- Tenderize steaks by using a back of a knife or a meat mallet and slightly pound each side.
- Dip meat into the seasoned potato starch and lightly coat.
- In a large skillet melt some butter over medium heat.
- Place steaks into pan and brown both sides of the meat.
- Place meat into crockpot once browned.
- Add the onions to the pan (add a little more butter if needed) and cook until slightly tender.
- Pour cooked onions over the steak in crockpot.
- Deglaze the pan with liquid aminos and red wine.
- Pour all the tidbits that were in the pan, the wine and liquid aminos over the steak.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic and water and mix well.
- Pour this mixture over the steaks.
- Place lid on crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Serve over brown rice or spaghetti squash.
Grab The Whole Lifestyle Nutrition Cookbook, Real Food Made Simple for more great recipes!
Don’t have all the ingredients? No Problem! Click on links below to see about ordering these ingredients!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.