I just love seafood! If there is one thing that I totally miss from my Savannah Georgia Days (other than my friends & family of course) it would be the fresh wild caught seafood that we caught straight from the ocean! Today I am sharing my favorite way to cook shrimp. This shrimp recipe is made with a homemade lemon pepper sauce (no I am not talking about lemon pepper seasoning, I like this sauce as fresh as you can get it)! Shrimp and lemon go hand and hand and the two flavors compliment each other so nicely. So the next time you get your hands on some delicious wild caught shrimp, give this recipe a try. I promise it will not disappoint!
- 1 pound wild caught large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Juice of 1/2 of a fresh lemon
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Place the shrimp onto the skewers.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and salt and pepper together. Squeeze lemon juice into melted butter mixture and stir well.
- Put the shrimp onto the greased grill and baste generously with butter/lemon mixture. Cook for 4-5 minutes and then turn.
- Baste other side of shrimp and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink and is cooked through.
- Serve shrimp over a bed of red quinoa.