Organic Portabella Hamburger Bun Recipe
December 9, 2011 at 7:55 am
Written by Halle Cottis
Sometimes I find it difficult to find a bun for my hamburger that isn’t loaded with artificial ingredients and a whole lot of carbs. I set out to find a better alternative and this is what a came up with. These portabella mushrooms are excellent and hold so much flavor. They are thick enough to support the weight of your favorite burger. If it is summertime in your area, then try putting these on the grill. Grill for 10 minutes per side. The hamburger featured in this photo is in our new cookbook. Click HERE to order your copy today!
- Calories: 217.0
- Fat: 19.3g
- Carbohydrates: 9.8g
- Protein: 4.3g
- 4 organic portabella grill cap mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 tbsp Halle’s Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (see recipe)
- Salt and pepper to taste
**Burger pictured is a turkey burger featured in my new cookbook. Click HERE to order your copy today!**
- Preheat oven to HI broil.
- Clean and remove stems off of the mushrooms.
- Brush each mushroom cap with 1 tbsp of balsamic vinaigrette dressing (coat both sides).
- Salt and pepper mushrooms to taste.
- Allow the mushrooms to marinate for 15-30 minutes at room temperature.
- Broil for 7 minutes per side.
- Serve your favorite burger on two mushrooms (one is the top of the bun, the other is the bottom).
Serving Size: Makes 4 portabella mushrooms,
Serving size is 2 portabella mushroomsPAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated.