|Spinach and Bacon Bake
Recipe Type: Main Dish
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
Sometimes I just don’t have time to get my three girls out the door for school and make a quick and healthy breakfast in the morning. So I set out to find a healthy breakfast dish that could easily be reheated for a quick and delicious breakfast. Not only is this a delicious easy breakfast, but it also is great for a weekend brunch. You can play around with this recipe quite a bit! Try adding broccoli and cheddar cheese, or sausage and mushrooms. One of my favorites is asparagus and onions. There are so many possibilities for this dish that I know you and your family will love this one as much as my family does! Enjoy.
- 4 cups packed fresh spinach
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 slice sprouted grain bread (made into fine bread crumbs)
- 3 tbsp grass fed butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grass fed shredded raw cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Put fresh spinach in a pan and wilt it on high heat about 30 seconds, set aside.
- Grease a 1 qt casserole dish and coat pan with fine sprouted grain bread crumbs, set aside.
- In a blender or food processor add eggs and cottage cheese and blend until smooth. Add coconut flour, melted butter, cheddar cheese, water, salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
- Stir in crumbled cooked bacon and spinach. Pour in casserole dish and bake at 350 F degrees for 1 hour.
Calories: 376.1 Fat: 23.4g Carbohydrates: 14.0g Protein: 22.4g