- 1 (5 lb) standing rib roast
- 1 tbsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh horseradish sauce
- Allow the standing rib roast to sit out at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- In a small bowl mix together salt, garlic powder and black pepper and generously season the standing rib roast with this seasoning.
- Place the rib roast on top of a broiling pan, fat side up and cook for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, turn off the oven and allow the roast to sit in the oven undisturbed for an additional 3 hours.
- After the 3 hours is up, turn the oven back on and cook until internal temperature reaches 125ºF, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, tent with foil, and allow to rest for 15 minutes. The roast will continue to cook and rise and additional 15ºF.
- While the roast is resting, stir together the sour cream, horseradish and salt.
- Cut standing rib roast between ribs and serve with horseradish sauce.
Recipe adapted from Paula Deen
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated.