Standing Rib Roast With Horseradish Sauce, How To Recipe
A Holiday Tradition
Every year on Christmas Eve and sometimes New Years Eve, our family enjoys the most amazing standing rib roast aka prime rib!
As most of you already know, I lived in Savannah, GA for 13 years. There were so many great restaurants and southern chef’s but one stood out from all the rest.
Paula Deen has become known worldwide and is a chef who has her own cooking empire and also lives and has many restaurants in Savannah, GA. She is known for her southern charm and southern cooking.
A Standing Rib Roast Recipe
Here is Paula’s recipe for Standing Rib Roast. It is so perfect that I couldn’t change it one bit! This is hands down the best standing rib roast recipe I have ever come across.
Be sure to shop around for your rib roast! Often, standing rib roasts go on sale around the holidays. I usually purchase mine anywhere from $5.99 – $7.99 a pound.
So this year why not try this amazing recipe and enjoy a wonderful holiday meal.
Prep Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 5 hours, 5 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
Serving Size: 1 serving
- 1 (5 lb) standing rib roast
- 1 tbsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh horseradish sauce
- Allow the standing rib roast to sit out at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- In a small bowl mix together salt, garlic powder and black pepper and generously season the standing rib roast with this seasoning.
- Place the rib roast on top of a broiling pan, fat side up and cook for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, turn off the oven and allow the roast to sit in the oven undisturbed for an additional 3 hours.
- After the 3 hours is up, turn the oven back on and cook until internal temperature reaches 125ºF, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, tent with foil, and allow to rest for 15 minutes. The roast will continue to cook and rise and additional 15ºF.
- While the roast is resting, stir together the sour cream, horseradish and salt.
- Cut standing rib roast between ribs and serve with horseradish sauce.
Recipe adapted from Paula Deen
A Juicy Honey Glazed Chicken, Holistic Recipe
I absolutely love chicken! I get my chickens from a local amish farmer and they are wonderful, however sometimes…
How To Make A Perfect Grass Fed Burger!
I LOVE grass fed burgers! I always have a freezer full of grass fed beef. Right now I have about…
Family Friendly Fridays: Creamy Chicken Sandwich Recipe
I would like to introduce you all to a new segment I will be posting every Friday. It…