There is nothing I like more then to sit down with a hot cup of tea and a freshly baked scone! These scones bring me back to my days as a restaurant owner where we made our own orange cranberry scones from scratch. There is something about these two flavors (orange and cranberry) that taste so amazing! They are slightly sweet and slightly tart all at the same time. The cranberries add such a nice texture to the scones. You could change this recipe up anyway you would like. How about blueberry scones or chocolate chip scones? Use your imagination and I am sure you will come up with one of your favorite personalized scones recipe!
Orange Cranberry Scones, Holistic Recipe
Nutrition Info: Calories: 208.5 Fat: 17.0g Carbohydrates: 11.4g Protein: 6.2g
Serves: 12 scones
- 2½ cup almond flour
- ¾ tsp gluten free baking powder, see recipe
- ½ tsp unrefined sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 2 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp grated orange zest (use the skins of the clementine)
- juice of one clementine
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a food processor mix together almond flour baking powder, salt, and coconut sugar.
- Pulse several times to mix well.
- Add in butter and coconut oil.
- Pulse until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Add in eggs and pulse until dough forms.
- Take dough out of food processor and place in another bowl.
- Knead in orange zest, juice from the clementine and dried cranberries.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 12 servings.
- Form into triangles, or desired shape.
- Leave the dough about 1? to 1½? high when forming.
- Bake on cookie sheet for 18-20 minutes.
Serving size: 1 scone
Grab The Whole Lifestyle Nutrition Cookbook, Real Food Made Simple for more great recipes!
Don’t have all the ingredients? No problem, click on the links below to see about purchasing the ingredients!