|Parmesan Spinach and Kale Quinoa||
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa (rinsed)
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 large clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh kale
- 2-3 tsp lemon juice (start with 2 tsp, and if you would like more add another tsp)
- 2 tbsp raw sunflower seeds or raw pecans (chopped in small pieces)
- 1/3 cup raw shredded parmesan cheese
- Rinse your dried quinoa several times (this will allow it not to be bitter).
- Boil your quinoa in salted water and cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse in cold water, set aside.
- In a large skillet melt butter and add garlic.
- Toss your garlic for about a minute and then add your kale and spinach.
- Cook several minutes to wilt your spinach and kale.
- Add your quinoa, lemon juice and parmesan cheese.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Toss in your raw sunflower seeds or raw pecans and cook another minute.
- Serve hot or cold.
All ingredients in this recipe are organic.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.