Parmesan Spinach and Kale Quinoa
I had some spinach and kale to harvest in my garden this week so I set out to make a delicious dish. My family loved this dish!
Author: Halle Cottis
- ¼ cup uncooked quinoa (rinsed)
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 large clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh kale
- 2-3 tsp lemon juice (start with 2 tsp, and if you would like more add another tsp)
- 2 tbsp raw sunflower seeds or raw pecans (chopped in small pieces)
- ⅓ cup raw shredded parmesan cheese
- Rinse your dried quinoa several times (this will allow it not to be bitter).
- Boil your quinoa in salted water and cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse in cold water, set aside.
- In a large skillet melt butter and add garlic.
- Toss your garlic for about a minute and then add your kale and spinach.
- Cook several minutes to wilt your spinach and kale.
- Add your quinoa, lemon juice and parmesan cheese.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Toss in your raw sunflower seeds or raw pecans and cook another minute.
- Serve hot or cold.
All ingredients in this recipe are organic.
Serving size: Makes 1½ cup, Serving size is ½ cup Calories: 206.6 Fat: 13.8 g Carbohydrates: 15.2 g Protein: 7.1 g