I just love creamy salads! In my cookbook, The Whole Lifestyle Nutrition Cookbook ~ Real Food Made Simple, I have chicken salad, egg salad and shrimp salad and they are all some of my favorites. Today I wanted to share with you all one more of my favorite salad recipes. Here I took the classic BLT and mixed all the ingredients together and created this amazing BLT & Avocado Salad! So the next time you want to change up a BLT, try this recipe…It is absolutely wonderful!
- 6-8 pieces of cooked bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp sour cream or mayonnaise
- 1 avocado, cut into small pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- buttercruch lettuce
- Mix together bacon, tomato and sour cream/mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut avocado (as shown in the picture, and scoop out on top of salad).
- Gently fold avocado into salad.
- Serve over a bed of buttercrunch lettuce.