Last night I made this delicious broccoli cheese soup. It is creamy and full of flavor. So if you are looking for a delicious soup that will warm you up on a cold winters day, pull this recipe out…it won’t disappoint!
- 3 tbsp potato starch
- 3 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- pepper to taste
- 6 cups chicken stock, see recipe
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cups whole organic milk, coconut milk, or raw milk
- 3 cups raw shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼-1/2 tsp freshly grounded nutmeg
- In a stock pot over medium heat, melt butter and saute onions and celery until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add in potato starch and stir into butter mixture.
- Add chicken stock to stock pot slowly while whisking.
- Stir in chopped broccoli and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Stir in milk and cheese and allow to heat through (about 5 more minutes).
- Serve with some shredded cheddar cheese.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.