|Chicken Taco Salad Served In a Taco Shell||
- 4 oz organic mild cheddar shredded
- 4 oz organic sharp cheddar shredded
- dash of cajun seasoning blend
- 1 pound grassland chicken breast cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos
- dash of red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp water
- 4 cups of shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tomato diced
- toppings of choice
- For taco shell – shred your cheese finely and mix together.
- Over medium heat place 2 oz of cheese in a nonstick 10″ skillet (not greased), and pat your cheese out as thin as possible.
- Sprinkle cheese with a little cajun seasoning blend.
- Allow the cheese to lightly brown (about 2 minutes) and then flip to other side.
- Brown this side and then take it out of pan and immediately drape it over the outside of a bowl.
- Allow to cool (it will harden as it cools).
- When cool, an edible shell for your salad is created.
- Repeat this step 3 more times to make the other shells.
- Filling: in another skillet, saute your chicken in a little coconut oil for about 10 minutes. Add water, ground cumin, coriander, chili powder, liquid amino, red pepper.
- Saute for another 5 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- In a small bowl add 1 tsp of arrowroot powder and 1 tsp of water.
- Mix well and add to the chicken mixture and simmer until it thickens (about a minute).
- Place 1 cup of salad greens, 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro, and chopped tomatoes in your taco shell.
- Top with your choice of toppings: cheese, sour cream, guacamole, beans, salsa, onions and olives.
All ingredients are organic in this recipe.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.