- Calories: 250.7
- Fat: 6.7g
- Carbohydrates: 25.5g
- Protein: 23.2g
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 4 cups organic chopped tomatoes (If tomatoes are out of season, you could also use 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes and 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce to replace the fresh tomatoes)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 large organic onion, chopped
- 3 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 can organic black beans, not drained
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2-3 tsp ground cumin (adjust to taste)
- Melt butter in a large dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Saute onions for about 5 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Add garlic and ground beef and brown the beef for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and put the lid on and reduce heat to a slow simmer.
- Simmer for at least an hour.
- Serve hot with a dollop of greek yogurt or sour cream.
Serving Size: Makes 6 cups, Serving size is 1 cup
Number of Servings: 6
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.