30 Day Gluten Free Challenge
As promised, I will share my gluten free recipes throughout the challenge. This gluten free toasted quinoa salad recipe is just one of the many recipes that I have made.
Did you see my gluten free pasta recipe? It is so easy to make and oh my, is it ever amazing!
Gluten Free Toasted Quinoa Salad Recipe
So today I am sharing a simple, yet delicious, summer salad with you. Doesn’t this look amazing?
There are some different combinations of flavors that you wouldn’t typically think to put together, but they really work. How about strawberries, avocado, fresh corn off of the cob, lime juice and quinoa.
I know, sounds odd…but trust me, the flavors in this dish will blow you away! So are you ready to make this? It is super easy and makes for a delicious lunch!
- In a large french skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add dry quinoa and allow the quinoa to toast until slightly brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and reduce heat to low and put the lid on and cook for 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and done.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in cilantro, corn, juice of 2 limes and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and stir well.
- Gently fold in the strawberries and avocado and serve immediately.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.