Nutrition Info: Calories: 86.4 Fat: 2.9g Carbohydrates: 8.5g Protein: 6.0g
- 1-2 leftover bones and skin from a cooked or raw chicken carcass preferably a grassland fed chicken
- filtered cold water, enough to cover the carcass
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp salt (more or less if needed)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 5-6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3-5 carrots chopped
- 3-5 celery stalks cut into chunks (include celery leaves)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 small bunch of fresh parsley
- Put all the ingredients in a stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Skim scum off of the top and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer on low uncovered for 4 hours.
- Strain the bones and vegetables and herbs out of stock, leaving only the stock.
- You can store in refrigerator for several days, or place in freezer for up to 6 months.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.