One of my favorite seasons is fall! I love the cool, crisp air and all the color that nature has to offer. I also love that many varieties of squashes come into season. Today I am sharing one of my all time favorite soups, butternut squash soup. This soup is very simple to make and has so much flavor. There are so many different varieties of squash and over the next few months I will be showcasing some amazing fall recipes that will get anyone in the mood for cooler weather. If you haven’t seen my video on the different squashes and how to cook and prepare them, you might want to check this video out.
- In a dutch oven melt 2 tbsp of coconut oil or butter.
- Add onions, carrots and celery.
- Cook until onion are translucent (about 4 minutes).
- Add butternut squash and stir well.
- Add chicken stock,thyme and salt and pepper to taste and allow to cook another 30-40 minutes or until squash is tender.
- With a stick blender (or a food processor) blend until smooth.
- Whisk in half and half or cream.
- Put in serving bowl and top with a little nutmeg.