One of my favorite seasons is fall! I love the cool, crisp air and all the color that nature has to offer. I also love that many varieties of squashes come into season. Today I am sharing one of my all time favorite soups, butternut squash soup. This soup is very simple to make and has so much flavor. There are so many different varieties of squash and over the next few months I will be showcasing some amazing fall recipes that will get anyone in the mood for cooler weather. If you haven’t seen my video on the different squashes and how to cook and prepare them, you might want to check this video out.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 192.1 Fat: 9.1g Carbohydrates: 23.9g Protein: 6.2g
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or grass fed butter
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large stalk celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium squash cubed, skins and seeds removed
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup half and half or heavy cream
- unrefined sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a dutch oven melt 2 tbsp of coconut oil or butter.
- Add onions, carrots and celery.
- Cook until onion are translucent (about 4 minutes).
- Add butternut squash and stir well.
- Add chicken stock,thyme and salt and pepper to taste and allow to cook another 30-40 minutes or until squash is tender.
- With a stick blender (or a food processor) blend until smooth.
- Whisk in half and half or cream.
- Put in serving bowl and top with a little nutmeg.
This post was featured on Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Monday Mania, Homestead Barn Hop, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Hearth & Soul Hop, Traditional Tuesdays, Fat Tuesdays, Real Foods Wednesday, The Tasty Alternative, Gluten Free Wednesday, Frugal Days, Healthy 2Day,Simple Lives Thursday, Eat Make Grow, Full Plate Thursday, Creative Juice Thursday, Keeping it Real Thursday, Pennywise Platter Thursday, Fresh Bites Friday, Freaky Friday, Fight Back Friday, Fill Those Jars Friday, Fit and Fabulous Friday, Gluten Free Friday, Foodie Friday, Allergy Free WednesdayPAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated.