Tasty Tuesdays Crockpot Recipes Second Edition
Welcome to our second edition of Tasty Tuesdays Crockpot Recipes! If you are interested in more crockpot recipes you can view them here: Recipe tab (at top of website)/Crockpot Recipe tab.
Every Tuesday we post a new crockpot recipe! Who doesn’t love a quick and easy dinner to throw together on a busy day! These are your goto recipes! If you want to receive these recipes in your inbox for free, you can fill out this form and you will receive them in your inbox!
There are so many things that I am passionate about and one of those things just happens to be BBQ, I just LOVE a great BBQ! I usually smoke my pork, but that can be time consuming and I wanted to create a great and easy recipe that was delicious and full of flavor.
Well this recipe is just that and will amaze you how wonderful and easy it truly is! There is no reason why we can’t have a delicious BBQ! Most BBQ recipes are loaded with sugar, especially the BBQ sauce. You can add BBQ sauce to this recipe or leave it out all together. If you notice, I only use a little bit of BBQ sauce (which I make myself, see recipe below) and still get all the flavor I am looking for. I think you all are really going to enjoy this recipe! I know my family loves this dish. Enjoy!
- 4-5 pound Boston Butt, Picnic Roast or Shoulder Roast
- 1/3 cup dry rub, see recipe
- yellow mustard
- BBQ sauce to taste, see recipe If in a pinch and you don't want to make homemade BBQ sauce you could use a little organic ketchup, mustard and honey for a quick BBQ sauce.
- The night before you are ready to cook your roast, rub yellow mustard all over the roast.
- Apply the dry rub liberally to the entire roast and rub it in.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- The next morning put the roast in a crock pot on high heat for 3 hours and then reduce the heat to low for another 6-7 hours.
- Shred with 2 forks and place back into the crock pot with its natural juices.
- Serve on sprouted english muffins or sourdough spelt bread.
- You can top your pork with some homemade BBQ sauce.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.