Welcome to Family Friendly Fridays! Wow, what a beautiful week we have had here in Wisconsin! The weather is warming up quite nicely and I am itching to get my grill out!
So with the help of my girls, we decided to do a grilling recipe that is simple and absolutely delicious! What is it you ask? Well…. Grilled Fruit Kabobs.
Grilling Fruit Kabobs
If you have children who don’t like vegetables or fruits, this is the perfect way to involve them in making a dish that they will be proud of.
The first thing you want to do is get some fresh organic fruit. Anything goes! We used grapes, strawberries, bananas, pears, pineapple and apples and next time I think I will add some peaches and plums into the mix!
Now here is the fun part! 🙂 Have your kids put the cut up pieces of fruit onto metal or wooden skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak in water so they don’t catch on fire on the grill).
Preheat your grill on medium low heat. Lightly grease the grill.
In a small saucepan over low heat melt 2 tablespoons of raw honey with 1 tablespoon of grass fed butter.
Place skewers onto the grill and baste with the honey mixture. Cook for 5 minutes and then turn and cook for 3-5 more minutes. Baste throughout the entire cooking time.
Serve warm with some homemade ice cream or dip this fruit in my yummy fruit dip!
- Fruit of choice (apples, grapes, pears, nectarines, peaches, plums, bananas, pineapple, strawberries etc.) enough to make at least 6 skewers
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp grass fed butter
- You need 6-8 metal or wooden skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water to help prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Cut fruit into similar size chunks and put on skewers.
- Preheat grill over medium to medium low heat.
- In a small saucepan, melt honey on low heat (just until melted) with the butter.
- Place the skewers onto the grill and baste the skewers with honey glaze.
- Cook for 5 minutes and turn and cook for 3-5 more minutes.
- Continue to baste the fruit throughout the cooking time.
- Serve over homemade ice cream or with some of my homemade fruit dip
- Serving Size: 1 skewer
Share Your Thoughts!
What is your favorite food to grill?