- 2 tbsp powdered bentonite clay
- 1 1/2 tbsp calcium carbonate
- 4–5 tbsp distilled water
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- pinch of salt
- Place the powdered clay and calcium powder in a non-metal bowl.
- Add the water and work it in well with a wooden spoon or with your hands. Add another tablespoon of water if needed and work in. You want a soft, somewhat wet clay mixture.
- Stir in the essential oil and salt.
- To use, place a small amount onto the rash and gently rub in slightly. You don’t want to rub it all in, the clay will harden and help dry out the poison ivy, oak or sumac.
- Apply as needed.