- Mix together the diatomaceous earth and tea tree essential oil.
- Place a small amount in your hands and massage in hair and scalp. Make sure to cover all areas. Diatomaceous earth can create a lot of dust, so you may want to put a mask over your child’s mouth and nose while applying.
- Leave on hair overnight.
- Wash hair next morning and dry with a hot air hair dryer.
- Use a lice comb to remove any eggs or nits out of the hair.
- Make a preventative spray of 1 cup witch hazel and 10 drops eucalyptus, 10 drops rosemary essential oil. Liberally spray daily on dry or wet hair, style as usual.
- Repeat the same process for two more days, or as needed.