I’ve looked high and low for a non-toxic DIY laundry detergent that is tough on dirt and gets stains out naturally. This is the recipe that will save you time and money and that will get your clothes sparkling clean.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/3 cup sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 cup liquid castile soap
- enough water to fill the gallon jug
- In a gallon jug, add the baking soda, salt, and warm water and shake until dissolved.
- Add the liquid castile soap and top the remaining gallon jug off with water and swish gently.
- To use, for high-efficiency machines use 1/4 cup per load. For traditional washing machines, use 1/2-1 cup of liquid laundry detergent (depending on the size of your load).