Here is a healthier caramel corn recipe that everyone can enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 200 F.
- Air pop the popcorn or cook it on the stove in a little coconut oil. I used about 1 tbsp coconut oil for the 1/2 cup of popcorn. Melt coconut oil over medium heat, add popcorn and put the lid on. Move your pan around until all the kernels stop popping. Do not stop moving the pan around the burner, you don’t want your popcorn to burn. Place popcorn into a 9″x13″ un greased pan and set aside.
- In a heavy sauce pan over medium high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the sucanat (I ground mine into a fine powder in my coffee grinder so it would dissolve better, but it isn’t absolutely necessary).
- Immediately stir in half and half and salt and stir constantly while you bring it to a boil.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, continue to stir for 1 more minute. It is very important to not stop stirring.
- Pull off of the burner and add the baking soda, keep stirring. The caramel mixture will foam up, this is normal and the reaction that you want.
- Immediately pour over popcorn and stir so that it is evenly coated.
- Bake for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 serving