This is the most amazing organic sun dried tomato hummus recipe that I have ever tried! You all have to try this one!
- 2 TBSP organic extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1–2 TBSP Tahini (see recipe below)
- 1–2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of organic chickpeas, drained and reserve the liquid
- 4–6 slices of sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- Tahini Recipe
- 1/8 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of hulled sesame seeds
- Place all of the ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor and start out with 1/2 cup of reserved liquid. Pulse until desired consistency, adding in reserved liquid, as needed. Serve and enjoy!
- How to make tahini ~Toast sesame seeds by baking on a jelly roll pain at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, stir after 5-6 minutes or in a pan on top of stove on medium heat, stir constantly until seeds are a light brown.
- Add oil and toasted seeds to a high speed blender or food processor until paste-like consistency, using a spatula to push contents towards the center, as needed. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-6 weeks.
Recipe adapted from the Blendtec Recipe Book