The best gluten free bread recipe that is made without brown rice flour! Great for sandwiches and toast!
- In a small bowl, combine warm milk, sugar and yeast. Stir and dissolve the yeast and allow the yeast mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixer bowl that attaches to a stand up mixer, combine the gluten free all purpose flour and salt and turn the mixer on low and for a few seconds to blend.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour and blend on low for 30 seconds.
- Add in butter and eggs and blend on low scraping the sides as needed. Blend until dough is well blended, about 30 seconds.
- Turn the mixer on high and beat for 3 minutes or until the batter becomes smooth.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and allow the dough to rise in a warm place for an hour. I heated my oven up to 100ºF and then turned the oven off and placed it in the oven for an hour.
- Grease a 8×4 or a 9×5″ bread pan with coconut oil or butter. Stir the dough after it has rose for an hour and gently place it into the prepared bread pan.
- Cover with a piece of greased plastic wrap and loosely lay it on top and allow the bread to rise in a warm place for another 20-30 minutes or until the loaf rises just to the top of the loaf pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and bake the bread for 40-50 minutes. The bread will be golden brown on top and have a hard shell.
- Remove from pan and completely cool before slicing into it. Once cool, slice and enjoy!
Please note: this recipe has been tested to work without brown rice flour. It has not been tested any other way and I highly recommend that you follow this recipe exactly as written with no substitutions.
Calories: 145 Fat: 4.1g Carbs: 23.7g Protein: 2.5g Recipe Adapted From Land O Lakes
- Serving Size: 1 piece