- Preheat a pan on medium to medium high heat for about a minute or until nice and hot.
- Add maple syrup and allow it to bubble (see video).
- Add in butter and gentle stir in, but do not over stir.
- Allow the mixture to boil for 1 full minutes. It should be a rolling boil (see video).
- Remove from heat and turn burner off. Allow to sit until completely cooled.
- Add in a generous amount of coarse salt and stir. Store in refrigerator.
Please note, if you cook it to little it will still be in syrup form and if you cook it to long, it will be in candy form. Both are still good, but it might take some tweaking to get the desired consistency.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp