- 1/2 cup flaky sea salt
- zest of one lime (about 1 tbsp)
- Preheat oven or dehydrator to 220F.
- Zest one lime.
- Place 1/2 cup flaky sea salt into a mortar and add in the zest.
- With a pestle, grind the lime zest into the salt. Don’t be shy, really work the zest into the salt.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the salt onto the baking sheet.
- Cook for 80 minutes. The lime zest should crumble in your fingers when rubbed in between them.
- Allow to fully cool and store in a container in a cool dry place.
- Use with a years time.