Try this delicious fermented organic berry maple syrup recipe! It is absolutely wonderful!
- 2 cups fresh red raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 cup whey (you can strain some Greek yogurt to get this whey)
- 1/4 cup sucanat
- 3/4–1 cup organic grade b maple syrup
- In a bowl mix together washed berries, sea salt, whey, and sucanat.
- With a potato masher, meat hammer or wooden pounder mash the mixture into a liquid sauce.
- Place into a quart size jar and tightly securely fasten with a top. The jar will be about 3/4 the way full.
- Leave on the counter, at room temperature to ferment for 2 days. Do not open the jar while on the counter top. Exposing the item to oxygen will destroy the fermentation process.
- After 2 days, stir in the 3/4-1 cup grade b maple syrup.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp